Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
We are SmartGuide s.r.o. (further just SmartGuide), a company that turns every phone into a private guide. We fully respect your privacy. At the same time we need to access some of your information, such as your location in order to provide you with the best guide services and user experience. In the following text we explain what data we collect, how do we use it and what you can do.
- SmartGuide s.r.o.
- IČO: 07254890
- DIČ: CZ07254890
- Court of justice registration: C 297779 vedená u Městského soudu v Praze
- Registered company address:
- Dopravní 500/9, 104 00, Praha 10, Czech Republic
- the SmartGuide software application ("Application") on a mobile device that is owned by SmartGuide
- Our website smart-guide.org
What we collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information you provide to us
The Application obtains the information you provide when you download and register the Application. Registration with us is optional. However, please keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of the features offered by the Application unless you register with us.
We may also use the information you provided us to contact your from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions.
Information we collect automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- the type of mobile device you use
- your mobile devices unique device ID including Apple/Google advertising identifier
- the IP address of your device
- your mobile operating system
- the type of Internet browsers you use
- information about the way you use the Application.
- location information (This application collects precise information about the location of your device. It tracks your path, the places you visited and your interactions with the user interface. We use your location information to provide requested location services, and learn your travel habits to provide you with tailor-made offers based on your requirements). We only collect photos, videos and comments you directly share with us via the app
- Standard information from Cookies
How we use information about you
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Services
- Research and develop new services
- Send you technical notices, updates, and other support and administrative messages
- Provide customer service
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of these communications, see “Your Choices” below);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services
- Personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content and features that match user profiles or interests.(for information about how to manage the types of advertisements you experience on our Services, see “Your Choices” below)
How we share information about you
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy
- Service providers. We may work with analytics companies, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how the Application is being used, such as the frequency and duration of usage. We may also share encrypted versions of information you have provided in order to enable our partners to append other available information about you for analysis.
- Law, Harm, and the Public Interest. We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- Business Transfers. If SmartGuide s.r.o.. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information
- Aggregated or de-identified information. We may publish aggregate statistics regarding our user base such that it cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may choose to publish statistics regarding how many registered SmartGuide users live in the U.S. versus how many live in Europe.
- With Your Consent. We may share information about you with your consent or at your direction.
Opt-out of all information collection by uninstalling the Application - You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information. We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you'd like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us at [email protected] Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law.
- Security. We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. While SmartGuide strives to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. By using the Application, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we do not guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through your use of the Application and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from you through your use of the Application is provided to us at your own risk, which you expressly assume.
- Children. We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected] We will delete such information from our files.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at [email protected]