Smart Restart safe tourism after Covid with Smart technology
International tourism dropped by 60% due to COVID-19. So how do we restart?
People still want to travel, but now they are more cautious. Tourists don’t want to mingle with crowds in a tour group anymore or use an unhygienic audio guide that someone else just held next to their face, whereas reading spoils the experience. Traditional tour guides are not suitable for guiding tourists anymore.
SmartGuide supports multiple partners and is helping to restart the travel industry in 400 tourist attractions and destinations around the globe through smart guiding technology. The SmartGuide app, which turns a traveler’s phone into a Covid-safe and convenient personal guide, has been awarded the Seal of Excellence in the COVID-19 response by the European Commission.
SmartGuide was created by a team of tourism specialists, Harvard graduates and travel enthusiasts. The combination of passion, knowledge and the need to act has resulted in the Smart Restart project with the aim to help tourism recover and grow safely.
We work with destinations, an eclectic array of attractions, transportation companies, tour operators and even entire countries. We are happy to share with you how we have helped them smartly restart tourism and how we can help you do the same.
Schedule a demo
Not ready yet?
More articles about post-covid recovery through digital guiding technology:
- How to replace hardware audio guide systems with a mobile tour app?
- How to create your own audio guided tour?
- The best digital tools for DMOs, tourist attractions, and travel service providers in 2020!
- How a tour guide app benefits Sutjeska National Park during COVID-19 recovery
- Case study: Replacing the audio guide system onboard the Big Hop On Hop Off Bus in Prague
- Paper versus pixels: What makes the best travel guide?